– Getting Started & Next Steps
The Benefits of Reupholstery
Your home becomes more comfortable with the different furniture you have. It does not only make your stay comfortable, but it also makes your place inviting and interesting. But as time goes by, your couch and sofa undergoes wear and tear. When this happens, your furniture will no longer make you comfortable and good to look at. When you think that they are already good for nothing now, then think again. Instead of throwing it or putting it in your stock room, why not consider reupholstery?
A professional upholsterer does a reupholstery. The professional takes the piece of furniture will change both the inside and outside of the furniture to bring it back to its original look or even make its quality better than before. There are several processes that may be applied depending on your furniture and severity of damage. Some of these would include webbing, re-tying springs, re-gluing joints, putting new padding and applying a new cover of your personal preference.
There are many benefits that you can enjoy with reupholstery. From your damaged and worn furniture, they can make it like a new one. And, this will not cost you as much as buying a new set of furniture. With the many benefits reupholstery, there are many homeowners who choose to use the services for several reasons. Some considers reupholstery because their furniture has sentimental value, has the perfect size for the room, has excellent quality compared with the modern furniture or is their favorite chair. Regardless of your personal reason, reupholstery is worth it. It is sure worth your time and worth your money.
Now, let us take a look on how a reupholsterer does the process of reupholstery.
– Quality frames of your furniture are usually made from quality woods like the oak, maple and alder. These hard woods are very strong that they can withstand the test of time. The more heavy they are the more strong the frame is. When the frames of your furniture are loosened, then the upholsterer can re-glue it. Aside from re-gluing it, they can also re-style the frame. They can change your flat arm into round or the other way around. They ca even make your sofa to a loveseat.
– Furniture with hand-tied springs are of excellent quality. Usually, they use coil springs for the eight-way hand-tie. Coil springs are the most flexible, long lasting and most resilient type of spring. The webbing, where the springs are fastened, is fastened to the chair’s base. Jute webbing is commonly used for its strength and quality.
– Padding is another important part of your sofa. When it wears down, the upholsterer can change it with a new padding. You can choose to have the same padding or look for another one. You can use cotton, Dacron or polyurethane foam.
– The final step that upholsterers do is the application of a new fabric. There are plenty of selection when it comes to fabrics. There are several texture, blends and fibers to choose from. A good upholsterer will recommend to you the best fabric that will make your furniture appear excellent and durable.